Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Train Delay

Last weekend I had left to my place and had booked in RaptiSagar Train 5211, a week before, since my brother was planning to come home for the weekend from Mumbai after 5 months I think... He had initially planned to come during this week mid and leave by the weekend (8th July) and he had changed his plan all of a sudden due to some meetings...

I had to book the tickets in a hurry and since train had its departure from Chennai at 00:05 hrs, I thought it would be tolerable for me to wait for 3 hrs in the station and was at the station at 21:20 hrs, I took a novel (Are you afraid of dark, Sydney’) ... and to my shock I came to know that the train since its coming from North usually reaches Chennai 4 -5 hrs late.... Gaaaawwwd... can’t get worse...

Finally the train came at 04:38 am… literally depressing!! I did go back home and return around 3:30 am, Thanks to my friend…

During the journey, I did see few ladies begging and one of whom had leprosy (It looked so like that). She had her whole lip missing, I gave some money and after she left I could not stop myself from thinking about the sight. I was almost depressed I think… I am sure I would do something to help them in future.. I promise..

Reached home at 13:30 hrs... Finally... But the journey was not all that bad (traveling for the first time alone is a day train) … and the climate was a lil short of being perfect…

No comments: